Sunday, November 22, 2009

If Anthropologie threw a shower...

This year has been filled with wedding showers, weddings, birthdays and baby showers! This is the last shower of 2009 and it went off just as perfect as all the other past events have :). My good friend Sumiko is having her baby girl number 2, and Traci, Wendy, Beth, Sherise and I wanted to throw our good friend an awesome shower...

This shower was inspired by the store Anthropologie and here's what we came up with!

The favors, prayer requests and wishes for baby table...


Kind of dark, but here's the entire set up including the food table.



I love these lanterns!


The food made was mostly made by Beth with salad from Sumiko's mom and desserts from me

I made fruit tarts and cream puffs



and flowers! Aren't Hydrangea's so pretty?

And for favors, I made homemade jelly!

since taking the sewing class, I felt inspired by the theme of the shower to sew a "quilt" for the baby. The front were 4 tiles of different print and the back was micro fleece. Here's what came out of it...


And there you have it...if Anthropologie threw a shower, I think it couldn't have looked more perfect than ours :)

I can't wait to meet all the babies!

2 comments:

  1. I agree . . . it couldn't have been more perfect! :) Thank you for all of your love, prayers, support, encouragement and of course the lovely hand-sewn quilt and yummy baking! I felt especially blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rita, you must really love sumiko!!! :D The homemade jam is super cute. and, nice work with your first sewing projects!! Can't believe you made a skirt! That you probably look good wearing too. And uh-oh.. cupcaked classes..i smell fondant.

    ReplyDelete