Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby Shower!

Jumping on the band wagon of posting for this shower, and being the last person to post anything, I thought I'd do it anyway just because it was such a fun party and who wouldn't want to remember that fun filled party?!

This has only been my 2nd shower ever and I am so glad to have been apart of a team of Wendy's close friends. I think the party came together really well and everyone seemed to have had a great time! Thanks to Traci for being the front person in master planner :). Since I was busy working in the kitchen I didn't get to see much of the event or take pictures like I wanted to, but I'll just take the pictures that were taken by Susan and Herman =).

Since this was a vintage circus themed party, I decided to make red velvet cupcakes...my cupcakes didn't turn out as dark as normal red velvet cupcakes do, but I kind of like that they were brighter... I think it popped more than if I had darkened it... the recipe will follow later...

Above is some of the food and the yummy candy bar (provided by Susan).

Menu for that day:
Buffalo Chicken Wings
Churros
Mini Sliders
Pigs in a blanket
Kettle Corn
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Veggies and Hummus

Yay for Wendy and Irving's baby that's due to arrive very soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for slaving away in the kitchen! the food spread was awesome :) and i loved the cupcakes! yummy and matched perfectly with the decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, rita! you did such an awesome job with the food! isa probably ate like 1000 pigs in a blanket... mmm...

    ReplyDelete